"Overview of White Collar Crime" is designed to provide the learner with awareness-level information on white collar crime. This course covers a variety of topics in the world of white collar crime, including:
- Common definitions and elements;
- The role of technology;
- The impact on society;
- Identifying warning signs and criminal behavior;
- Understanding victimization and providing assistance;
- Recognizing and responding to common Internet scams and crimes; and
- Money laundering to mask illicit financial gain.
This course also provides various opportunities to explore additional resources used to combat white collar crime.