Through an in-depth study of the entire interrogation process, learn the conversational approach to the suspect interview to obtain a full confession in child exploitation, child maltreatment, and other victim-related crimes. Critical stages of the interrogation process will be broken down into sections of the process, to include suspect rights, pre-interrogation interview, cumulative confrontation, and closing the interrogation. These points will be demonstrated with video examples and practical interactive case studies. The training will examine two types of offenders, the emotional offender and the psychopathic offender, and the techniques you need to maximize chances of obtaining a confession.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Leverage cutting edge techniques for interrogation in child abduction, exploitation, child sex trafficking, and other forms of child maltreatment cases.
- Utilize the conversational approach to suspect interviews to obtain a full confession.
- Effectively deliver the Pre-Interrogation Interview to set the stage.
- Utilize cumulative confirmation to overcome deception and gain admissions.
There is no fee to attend this training; however, pre-registration is required. Approval to attend this training is subject to the approval of the host agency as well as your qualifications submitted on your registration. The deadline to register is December 11, 2019. Registrations will still be accepted after this date based on your qualifications to attend and if seats are still available.
Tuition, student materials, and instructional costs are provided by the AMBER Alert Training and Technical Assistance Program.
The following would benefit from this training:
- Community Corrections Officers
- Law Enforcement