The National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) understands how important it is for law enforcement professionals to be up to speed on emerging technologies. In recent months, drones have been a subject of controversy and are being used more frequently by criminals. These devices store data and need to be handled appropriately. Active cases are currently being prosecuted in border, battlefield, and correctional facility scenarios. Having the capability to quickly recover and analyze data from drones has become critically important. NW3C has partnered with MSAB, the developers of XRY, to educate the law enforcement community in the best practices for the preservation, extraction, and analysis of data related to drones.
Drone Forensics 101 will include:
- Sources of drone data - Drones and mobile devices (e.g., smart phones, tablets, controllers).
- Extraction of drone data - From drones and from mobile devices.
- Decoding of drone data - Which data is important, and how to best view this data.
- Current extraction and analysis capabilities.
- Challenges with drone data.
- Tying it all together - Merging drone and other digital evidence to get the whole picture.
- Preview/discussion of future capabilities.
Free to Law Enforcement