This two-day course offers a comprehensive program to Internet investigations and open-source intelligence gathering. Students will learn how to enhance their search skills to effectively use Internet resources for locating information online.
Key Learning Points:
- The ways computers are used in investigations and the evolution of computer-based investigative techniques.
- How to uncover valuable information from open sources, public and private databases, and social networks for conducting due diligence and background investigations.
- How to understand the difference between Web 2.0 and traditional websites and how to deconstruct a profile for your investigations.
- The tools and resources utilized by experienced online analysts to find and vet information about private organizations within the United States.
- How to use eBay and other online auction sites for investigations.
- The tools to operate covertly on the Internet during an investigation.
Analysts and investigators with law enforcement at all levels and with private industry groups will benefit greatly from this training.
(you could save $59 by joining the IACECP.)