Wednesday Feb 27, 2019 - 02:00pm to 03:15pm EST
This webinar will focus on the needs of children who have a parent who is incarcerated. The presenters will concentrate on how schools and school personnel can support the child, his/her caregiver, and parent in a positive manner.
During this webinar, the presenters will:
- Highlight national data on students impacted by incarceration and dispel multiple myths;
- Identify prominent frameworks, practices, and strategies;
- Describe the kinds of supports and services children with incarcerated parents can benefit from;
- Provide an opportunity to hear from a child and parent perspective; and
- Discuss next steps and an upcoming follow-up web-based discussion.