This VALOR Officer Safety and Wellness Program training, offered as a one-day course, provides officers at all levels with exactly that — the essentials to survive and thrive — by stressing the importance of being physically and mentally prepared, maintaining situational awareness, combating complacency, and remaining vigilant. Participants will hear from law enforcement experts on:
- Causes of officer assaults, injuries, and deaths;
- Safety and preparedness mind-set;
- Physical health;
- Officer-citizen encounters;
- Mitigating stress;
- Weapon concealment;
- Intentional wellness mind-set;
- Surviving an assault;
- Casualty care and rescue tactics;
- Personal protective factors;
- Deaths not associated with assaults;
- Vehicle safety; and
- Officer survivor story.
Additional topics covered throughout the course include professionalism, leadership, and critical decisionmaking.