A sector-based employment approach brings employers from the same industry together with educators, workforce development agencies, and others to address labor shortages and prepare job seekers for work and career advancement. With a sector-based approach, employers can identify the skills that are valued most in a given industry. Job training programs can then be designed with employer input to equip students with those skills. This webinar is for corrections, workforce development, and education agencies interested in improving the employment outcomes of people with criminal records. In the webinar, presenters will:
- Provide an overview of a sector-based approach;
- Give examples of successful sector-based partnerships; and
- Discuss opportunities to create sector-based partnerships to serve people with criminal records.
- Anthony Adkisson, Senior Manager of Program Services, Towards Employment;
- Amy McNicholas Kroll, Director of Re-entry Services, Allegheny County Jail; and
- Jack Mills, Chief Workforce Strategy Officer, Insight Center for Community Economic Development.
- Sherri Moses, Policy Analyst, Reentry and Employment Program, The Council of State Governments Justice Center
This event is free to the public.