Promote healing, enhance public safety, and reduce recidivism in your role as a tribal probation officer. During this training, you will explore strengths-based supervision strategies and case management skills for the following populations on probation: probationers with mental illness, alcohol and substance abuse addiction, and domestic violence offenses. Engage in a variety of activities to enhance your ability to effectively case manage high risk populations. Examine strategies for multi-disciplinary team building to support tribal probation.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify criminogenic needs and specialized support services related to each probationer population
- Explain specific court ordered conditions for each population
- Obtain tribal, local, and national resources for working with each population
- Describe basic mental, sociological, and educational characteristics of each population
- Explain ways to collaborate with treatment in devising strengths-based case plans for each population
No registration fee