The ability to gain victim/witness cooperation for a successful prosecution, despite intimidation, is a significant challenge faced by prosecutors across the country. Webinar speaker John Delaney, former First Assistant District Attorney of the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania District Attorney's Office, is no stranger to this reality. Mr. Delaney has more than 35 years of experience as a prosecutor, and will share effective tools and techniques to help overcome victim/witness intimidation challenges. These innovative approaches, coupled with real-life examples, are applicable to prosecutors in any jurisdiction.
Tools and techniques to be presented and discussed include:
- Anticipating and recognizing possible and actual intimidation;
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with communities;
- Courthouse and courtroom security;
- Preventing recording in or transmission from the courtroom;
- Witness relocation;
- Document and video “watermarks”;
- Judge’s Bench Book (resource);
- Use of indicting grand jury; and
- Sealed arrest warrants.
This webinar is intended for prosecutors seeking strategies to reduce victim/witness intimidation and gain victim/witness cooperation in their jurisdictions.