According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, substance abuse is increasing in America. In a 2012 survey, approximately 23.9 million Americans reported using an illicit drug or abusing a prescription medication in the past month.
This course was developed to meet the ever-increasing needs for professionals working in Indian Country to remain current on the most abused drugs in today’s society. The hands-on instruction will help students develop the skills necessary to recognize the signs and symptoms of persons under the influence of stimulants, hallucinogens, opiates, marijuana, alcohol, depressants, inhalants, and dissociative anesthetics.
- To be able to explain drug abuse and recognition systems;
- To identify signs and symptoms of an individual under the influence;
- To examine the impact of various drug combinations;
- To explain the physiology of drug abuse;
- To identify current drug trends; and
- To examine legal considerations related to drug investigations.
No registration fee