The Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) VALOR Initiative is hosting the “Off the Cuff: Officer Safety and Wellness Talks” event on October 15, 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Over the course of four hours, five law enforcement officers will share their compelling personal stories and insights on:
- Post traumatic-incident stress management;
- Creating a path to financial freedom;
- Recommitting to your physical health; and
- Shot in the line of duty: returning to work.
- Cincinnati, Ohio Police Department.
- Middle Atlantic-Great Lakes Organized Crime Law Enforcement Network; and
- U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio.
- Bureau of Justice Assistance.
This event is open to all first responders including sworn law enforcement officers, fire/rescue personnel, and emergency medical services/paramedic personnel. Training academy cadets and trainers, as well as law enforcement friends and family, are also welcome to attend. Through funding provided by BJA, there is no cost to attend this event. Participants are responsible for associated travel and lodging expenses.