The Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) VALOR Initiative is hosting the “Off the Cuff: Officer Safety and Wellness Talks” event on August 8, 2019 in Santa Barbara, California. Over the course of four hours, five law enforcement officers will share their compelling personal stories and insights on:
- Post critical-incident trauma care;
- Creating a path to financial freedom;
- Recommitting to your physical health;
- Shot in the line of duty: returning to work; and
- Creating a top-down culture of wellness and resiliency.
- Santa Barbara, California Police Department.
- California Peace Officers Association;
- Santa Barbara County, California Sheriff’s Office; and
- U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California.
- Bureau of Justice Assistance.
This event is only open to currently sworn law enforcement officers. Through funding provided by BJA, there is no cost to attend this event. Participants are responsible for associated travel and lodging expenses.