The Arc’s National Center on Criminal Justice and Disability™ (NCCJD) notes the decline in juvenile crime and incarceration and accompanying rise in incarceration rates for youth with I/DD. NCCJD’s white paper and webinar on justice involved youth with I/DD highlights emerging issues and promising practices from across the country including:
Preventing involvement in the first place—strategies for parents and advocates
- Exclusionary discipline in schools
- The school-to-prison pipeline
- Restraint and seclusion in schools
- Special education in juvenile hall
- The Arc of the Capital Area’s Juvenile Justice Services Program
The webinar will feature brief presentations from multiple white paper authors, and webinar participants will be the first to access NCCJD’s white paper on the topic of Justice Involved Youth with I/DD. Join us for this thought-provoking webinar and gain new insight on how to assist youth with I/DD who are at-risk for or already involved in the juvenile justice system.