Join the Bureau of Justice Assistance’s Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program (COAP) team for the webinar “Using Web-Based Motivational Assessment Strategies: MAPIT” on Thursday, May 17 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET. Participants will learn about the Motivational Assessment Program to Initiate Treatment (MAPIT), a web-based motivational intervention that connects an individual’s risk and needs factors to case and treatment plans that the client can develop to meet criminal justice system mandates around drug and alcohol abuse treatment.
Panelists will review topics including:
- The clinical features of MAPIT;
- The research findings from a random, controlled trial; and
- A cost-effectiveness study of the tool.
The webinar will be presented by:
- Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D., University Professor, George Mason University, and Director, Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence!;
- Scott T. Walters, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Health Behavior and Health Systems, University of North Texas Health Science Center; and
- Alexander J. Cowell, Ph.D., Research Scientist, RTI International.
Learn more and register for the COAP webinar.
View this webinar on the TTA Catalog.