Although drug and alcohol treatment are common mandates in the U.S. criminal justice system, many clients do not initiate treatment. The Motivational Assessment Program to Initiate Treatment (MAPIT) is a web-based motivational intervention that addresses this gap by linking a person’s risk and needs factors to case plans that the client can develop.
This webinar will explore:
- Clinical features of MAPIT,
- Research findings from a randomized controlled trial, and
- A cost-effectiveness study.
- Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D., University Professor, George Mason University, and Director, Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence!;
- Scott T. Walters, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Health Behavior and Health Systems, University of North Texas Health Science Center; and
- Alexander J. Cowell, Ph.D., Research Scientist, RTI International.