Thursday May 17, 2018 - 01:00pm to 02:00pm EDT
Although drug and alcohol treatment are common mandates in the U.S. criminal justice system, many clients do not initiate treatment. The Motivational Assessment Program to Initiate Treatment (MAPIT) is a web-based motivational intervention that addresses this gap by linking a person’s risk and needs factors to case plans that the client can develop.
This webinar will explore:
- Clinical features of MAPIT,
- Research findings from a randomized controlled trial, and
- A cost-effectiveness study.
- Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D., University Professor, George Mason University, and Director, Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence!;
- Scott T. Walters, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Health Behavior and Health Systems, University of North Texas Health Science Center; and
- Alexander J. Cowell, Ph.D., Research Scientist, RTI International.
- Private group -