- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Attend a Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program Webinar About the Positive Impacts of Peer Specialists Participating in Peer Recovery Support Services
Attend a Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program Webinar About the Positive Impacts of Peer Specialists Participating in Peer Recovery Support Services
Join the Bureau of Justice Assistance and the Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program team to learn about the use of peer specialists in peer recovery support services (PRSS) during the webinar “What’s in a Name: The Role of Peer Specialists” on Wednesday, April 10 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET. Participants will gain insight on how peer specialists can influence hope, social support, and positive outcomes for those in recovery across diverse criminal justice settings.
This webinar will discuss:
- Roles of peer specialists across multiple programs;
- Advantages of peer specialists who can provide an “insider” perspective by working in the field;
- Benefits of implementing peer specialist programs when criminal justice challenges arise; and
- How to identify the support needs of peer specialists and common ethical PRSS considerations.
Webinar presenters will include:
- Melissa Thompson, Recovery Coach, Centerstone Reentry;
- Nancy McConnell, Chief Operating Officer/Program Director, Rebel Recovery Florida; and
- Charles Delaney, Certified Peer Specialist, Community Recovery Connections Team, Bedford Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Register for the webinar today.
View this webinar in the TTA Catalog.