- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Attend a Webinar on Supporting Children of Incarcerated Parents
Attend a Webinar on Supporting Children of Incarcerated Parents
Join the U.S. Department of Education and the American Institutes for Research (AIR) for the webinar, “Supporting Children of Incarcerated Parents in School,” on Wednesday, February 27 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. ET. During this webinar, participants will learn how schools and school personnel can meet the needs of children with incarcerated parents.
Webinar discussion topics will include:
- National data on students impacted by incarceration;
- Prominent frameworks, practices, and strategies; and
- Types of support and services benefiting children of incarcerated parents;
Participants will have the opportunity to hear from a child and parent perspective, as well as from the following presenters:
- Ann Adalist-Estrin, Director, National Resource Center on Children and Families of the Incarcerated;
- Tanya Krupat, Program Director, The Osborne Association; and
- Juliette-Marie deSousa, Senior Researcher, AIR.
Register for the webinar.
View this webinar on the TTA Catalog.