Join the National Criminal Justice Association (NCJA) and the Addiction Policy Forum for a workshop on Strategies for Combating the Opioid Epidemic. The workshop will be broadcast live on August 8 from 1:45-3:15 pm EST from the National Forum on Criminal Justice in Philadelphia, PA.
The topics for discussion will include:
- The key elements in a comprehensive approach to addiction;
- What recent research shows about what works;
- Successful strategies for alternatives to incarceration.
The presenters will be:
- Jon Blodgett, District Attorney, Essex County, MA
- Jim Pugel, Chief Deputy, King County, WA Sheriff’s Office
- Pam Rodriguez, President/CEO, TASC
- Jessica Nickel, Executive Director, Addiction Policy Forum
- David Steingraber, Senior Policy Adviser, NCJA (Moderator)
To learn more about the workshop and to register for the livestream, click here.
This livestream event will be the first in a series of six workshops/webinars, co-sponsored by NCJA and the Addiction Policy Forum, focused on translating the science of combating addiction into practice