Please register to reserve your spot!
This webinar will examine the causes of first responder burnout with consideration given to stresses arising from response to the opioid epidemic.
Panelists will discuss:
- Methods to identify burnout in first responders or their partners;
- Impact of responding to a public health problem that is chronic in nature;
- Stress that arises from responding to calls involving critical incidents/accidents; and
- Collateral consequences of the opioid epidemic regarding the abuse and neglect of children.
The session will conclude with recommendations to help first responders access resources to manage stress more effectively.
Webinar panelists will include:
- Presenter: Connie Priddy, R.N., Quick Response Team Coordinator, Huntington, West Virginia; and
- Moderator: Ben Ekelund, Administrator of Consulting and Training for the Center for Health and Justice,Treatment Alternatives for Safe Communities.