This course is part of the National White Collar Crime Center’s (NW3C) train-the-trainer (T3) initiative. T3 is a proven model for increasing training capacity while maintaining quality and program effectiveness, maximizing the number of students who can benefit from in-person training. Students who complete this program are qualified to teach NW3C’s “Basic Cyber Investigations: Digital Footprints” course. The instructor development curriculum covers adult learning principles, presentation skills, and administrative and logistical information new instructors need in order to schedule, deliver, and report on classes under the T3 program. The practicum portion of the agenda gives students the opportunity to teach portions of the “Digital Footprints” curriculum in a workshop environment, receiving and incorporating peer and instructor feedback.
- Understanding digital footprints. Review and join in-depth discussion of the base curriculum to be taught.
- The T3 initiative. Learn how and why the T3 program works.
- Adult learning. Review practical information related to training effectiveness and learning retention.
- Presentation skills. Learn tips and best practices for engaging with a class.
- Practicum. Gain direct instructional experience with detailed peer and instructor feedback.