Please join the Diagnostic Center and representatives from the Metro East Police District Commission (MEPDC) for a brown bag discussion on the use of data to understand and promote practices that enhance police legitimacy and accountability. The brown bag event, which is open to representatives from the U.S. DOJ, local law enforcement agencies, and the criminal justice community, will explain how the MEPDC is using a data-driven approach to enhance professionalism in local policing. Panelists will provide an overview of how the Diagnostic Center has leveraged local data to (1) evaluate current police programs and accountability mechanisms in East St. Louis; (2) document legitimacy concerns and ways to address them among community stakeholders; and (3) provide recommendations on the MEPDC's overall effectiveness in its public safety mission.
- Stephen R. Wigginton, U.S. Attorney
- Brendan Kelly, State's Attorney
- Calvin Dye, MEPDC Chairman
- Annette Eckert, Judge (Ret.), MEPDC Commissioner
- Michael Floore, Chief of Police, East St. Louis Police Department
- Kendall L. Granger, Senior Pastor of New Life Community Church
- Angela Jackson-Castain, Diagnostic Specialist (Moderator)
Please register to attend in-person or via webinar by Wednesday, November 5. Click here to register.