Join the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) and American Institutes for Research (AIR) for the webinar “Taking a Trauma-Informed Approach While Improving Community Safety” on Thursday, November 10 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET. This webinar will enable participants to recognize the different forms of trauma experienced by individuals, families, organizations, and communities residing in high-crime, high-violence areas, and how these traumas can impact crime reduction and neighborhood revitalization efforts.
This webinar will be useful for law enforcement, community developers, and social service agencies participating in place-based initiatives such as the Bureau of Justice Assistance’s (BJA) Byrne Criminal Justice Innovation (BCJI) Program, which focuses on creating comprehensive strategies for addressing crime issues in communities of distress. The webinar is produced through a BJA grant.
Panelists for this webinar will include:
- Patricia E. Campie, Principal Researcher, AIR,
- Kathleen Guarino, Senior Technical Assistance Consultant, AIR,
- Captain Altovise Love-Craighead, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Police Department, 16th District,
- Amanda Whitlock, Director, Behavioral Health Services, Children’s Home + Aid,
- Jacob Dancer, Program Manager, UCAN Chicago, and
- Jason Cooper (Moderator), Senior Program Officer, LISC.
View this webinar on the TTA Catalog.