- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Register for the BJA VALOR Officer Safety & Wellness Program Solicitation on March 7!
Register for the BJA VALOR Officer Safety & Wellness Program Solicitation on March 7!
The Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) will host an informational webinar on the FY 2016 National Initiatives: Officer Safety and Wellness Initiative—VALOR Program solicitation on Monday, March 7, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. ET. The purpose of this webinar is to share information about the solicitation with interested applicants. During the webinar, BJA staff will describe each funding category and will provide an opportunity for interested applicants to ask questions related to the solicitation.
BJA is seeking applications under five distinct categories for the FY16 National Initiatives: Officer Safety and Wellness Initiative—VALOR Program:
- VALOR Officer Safety and Wellness Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) National Provider – A national officer safety and wellness TTA provider to continue, and enhance, the Preventing Violence Against Law Enforcement and Ensuring Officer Resilience and Survivability (VALOR) Program.
- Active Shooter Response Tactical TTA Provider – A tactical TTA provider to deliver tactical TTA to support, on a national level, state and local law enforcement officers responding to an active shooter event.
- Officer Safety and Wellness Recognition Program – An organization to identify, recognize, and increase awareness of officer safety and wellness best practices and programs at a national level through an officer safety and wellness recognition program.
- Officer Safety and Wellness Pilot Research and Evaluation Model – A national director/coordinator to implement and oversee the creation of an officer safety and wellness pilot research and evaluation program that will develop three pilot research and evaluation sites.
- De-Escalation TTA Provider – Delivery of evidence-based de-escalation TTA to educate and protect state, local, and tribal law enforcement officers and improve outcomes and relationships between officers and the communities they serve.
Applicants must register with Grants.gov prior to submitting an application. All applications are due in Grants.gov by 8:00 p.m. ET on April 21, 2016.
To register for this webinar, please click here.