- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Nominations for the Annual NCJA Outstanding Criminal Justice Programs Awards are due Friday, April 21!
Nominations for the Annual NCJA Outstanding Criminal Justice Programs Awards are due Friday, April 21!
Submit your nominations for the National Criminal Justice Association’s (NCJA) annual NCJA Outstanding Criminal Justice Programs (OCJP) Awards by 5:00 p.m. ET on Friday, April 21. The awards will be announced at the 2017 National Forum on Criminal Justice, which will honor five outstanding programs that provided effective services to address crime-related issues in their communities and showcase promising practices in criminal justice. The award winners – one each from the Northeast, South, Midwest, and West, as well as one tribal program – will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Does the program address an important criminal justice issue?
- Does the program demonstrate collaboration among criminal justice allied agencies or disciplines?
- Can the program provide quantitative evidence of its effectiveness in accomplishing program goals?
- Does the program leverage federal, state, local, or other non-governmental funds and resources?
- Can the program be easily replicated in other jurisdictions?
Nominations will be accepted online, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to NCJA, 720 Seventh Street NW, Third Floor, Washington, DC 20001. An individual or agency may nominate as many programs as they wish, but must complete one form for each program.
For more information on the application process, past award recipients, and tips for successful applicants, please click here.