Join the Justice Clearinghouse for the webinar “Keeping Out of Trouble: Universal Questions & Decision Making Model for Ethical and Lawful Policing” on Thursday, August 31 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. ET. During this webinar, attendees will learn about:
- The legal and ethical decisionmaking process for law enforcement,
- Bias in the decisionmaking process,
- The universal question for lawful and ethical policing,
- How urgency to act affects the strategy an officer implements, and
- How the Fourth Amendment concepts of seizure, reasonableness, and acceptable level of governmental intrusion assist in the decisionmaking process.
This webinar will be presented by Thomas Dworak, a 31-year veteran of the Wilmette, Illinois Police Department and current consultant for the Virtus Group, where he develops and facilitates “The Adaptive Field Training Officer (FTO)” program. Dworak’s knowledge of experiential learning, emotional intelligence, critical thinking, creative problem solving, and decisionmaking shaped “The Adaptive FTO” into a program for the changing training environment in which FTOs and their trainees find themselves daily.
Read more and register for the Justice Clearinghouse webinar today.