Funding Opportunity: Apply for COSSAP’s Addressing Substance Use Disorders in America’s Jails: Clinical Guidelines for Withdrawal Management Program
The U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Assistance, through its technical assistance provider Advocates for Human Potential (AHP), is seeking applications from organizations, including, but not limited to, nonprofits and universities, to develop evidence-based clinical guidelines and protocols to help jail administrators, correctional officers, and jail-based clinicians identify and safely manage substance withdrawal management in a jail-based setting. One applicant will be selected to undertake this effort.
The award recipient will complete the following major activities:
- Convene an expert committee to inform the development of the clinical guidelines.
- Conduct an environmental scan of existing guidelines for withdrawal management of opioids, benzodiazepines, alcohol, methamphetamine, and cocaine individually or in combination for adults (18 years and older), including special populations.
- Incorporate findings from the above two efforts to create a detailed content outline for the product.
- Produce draft- and final-version guidelines and protocols, which includes facilitating expert reviews.
- RFA Release Date: September 30, 2020
- Informational webinar: October 5. View the recording. View the slides.
- Application deadline: October 28, 2020, 5:00 p.m. ET
- Anticipated selection date: November 9, 2020
- Anticipated start date: November 23, 2020
For more information, please visit http://s.iir.com/QwQrrHVY. Proposals for this grant program must be submitted to AHP, at WithdrawalManagement_RFA@ahpnet.com, by 5:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 28, 2020. If you have any questions, please reach out to Deann Jepson at firstname.lastname@example.org.