Join the National Drug Court Resource Center at American University’s (AU) Justice Programs Office (JPO) for the webinar “To Serve, Protect, and Treat: Law Enforcement and Treatment Courts” on Wednesday, June 13 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. ET. During this webinar, participants will learn about the best strategies and practices for law enforcement to engage with treatment courts, which strive to combine effective justice approaches with clinical services for those with substance use disorders.
Panelists will discuss:
- The role of law enforcement in treatment court programs;
- Types of engagement strategies to increase law enforcement participation;
- Different educational and training approaches to inform law enforcement about treatment services; and
- The importance of law enforcement advocacy for treatment court programs.
The webinar will be moderated by Zephi Francis, Research Specialist, JPO. Speakers will include:
- Ronald R. Thrasher, Director of the Forensic Psychology Program, Oklahoma State University;
- Alex Casale, State Coordinator for Specialty Courts, New Hampshire Judicial Branch;
- Jac Charlier, National Director for Justice Initiatives, Center for Health and Justice at Treatment Alternatives for Safe Communities;
- Michelle Boyd, Chief Deputy and Law Enforcement Officer Representative, Minnehaha County, South Dakota Sheriff’s Office and Second Circuit Drug Court Program.
View this webinar on the TTA Catalog.