- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Attend a Webinar on Increasing Access to Victim Services for People with Disabilities
Attend a Webinar on Increasing Access to Victim Services for People with Disabilities
To support Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) administrators, the Vera Institute of Justice is hosting the webinar “Promoting Accessible & Inclusive Services for Victims with Disabilities: A Webinar for VOCA Administrators” on Thursday, October 11 from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET. During this webinar, participants will learn foundational information on the victimization of people with disabilities, as well as strategies for addressing the needs of people with disabilities.
As the number of state VOCA victim assistance grants increases, VOCA assistance administrators are uniquely positioned to help enhance access to services for victims with disabilities. This webinar will review how to:
- Incorporate the needs of people with disabilities into needs assessments and strategic planning processes;
- Write requests for proposals soliciting applications that address the needs of victims with disabilities;
- Assess applicants’ budgets for accessibility; and
- Assess applicants’ qualifications to serve victims with disabilities.
Webinar presenters will include:
- Nancy Smith, Director, Center on Victimization and Safety (CVS) at the Vera Institute of Justice; and
- Anneliese Brown, Project Director, CVS.
Register for the webinar today.
View this webinar on the TTA Catalog.