- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Apply for a Research Assistantship with the National Institute of Justice
Apply for a Research Assistantship with the National Institute of Justice
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) is now offering doctoral students the opportunity to gain experience and professional development with its annual assistantship.
Highly qualified students will be able to obtain research experience by working across offices and program areas within NIJ. NIJ will provide funds to participating universities to pay salaries and other costs.
To apply for this opportunity, candidates must submit:
- A statement of interest (maximum of 1,000 words)
- A public safety challenge essay
- A résumé/CV
- An unofficial transcript covering undergraduate and doctoral graduate studies
- A letter of recommendation
- Up to three contacts for reference checks
- A writing sample of a scientific paper
Visit NIJ’s website for more details on the program and its requirements. All requirements must be submitted by the university’s graduate development program by January 15, 2020.