December 01, 2020
SAMHSA’s GAINS Center for Behavioral Health and Justice Transformation, which is run through Policy Research Associates, Inc. (PRA), is convening four topical Communities of Practice (CoPs) to work intensively with select communities on the following topics:
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion in Reentry
- Engaging Clients for Successful Reentry
- Effectively Identifying & Treating Justice-Involved Individuals with Polysubstance Use Disorder
- Building a Competent Crisis Care System at Intercepts 0-1
Each CoP will bring together local jurisdiction teams to determine and implement best practices and measures for success. The CoP will engage subject matter experts who will work with jurisdiction teams to help them implement processes and facilitate peer-to-peer sharing. Jurisdictions will also receive training and technical assistance from subject matter experts. The CoP key objectives are as follows:
- “Enhance collective knowledge of key issues and familiarity with the topic.
- Understand promising, best, and evidence-based practices to address the topic and related issues.
- Develop strategic plans that focus on the issue, including defining assignments, deadlines, and measurable outcomes to be reported.
- Increase knowledge about the challenges and lessons learned in implementing strategies through peer-to-peer sharing via virtual convenings, monthly collaborative calls, and other virtual mechanisms.”
Applications are due December 16. Visit PRA’s website to learn more.