- News and Media
- TTA News & Information
- Access the National Institute of Justice’s Latest Best Practices Publication for Law Enforcement
Access the National Institute of Justice’s Latest Best Practices Publication for Law Enforcement
The National Institute of Justice’s recent publication, Notes from the Field, includes a series of articles describing various approaches for law enforcement to handle scenarios in which they lack the research and evidence needed to influence their policies, practices, and work. In many instances, practitioners in the field experience situations – sometimes potentially volatile – where they must quickly make decisions when they do not have enough information. This resource, while not research-based, provides best practices and lessons learned from the hands-on experiences of law enforcement executives and leaders that have worked on the following efforts:
- Using evidence-based practices;
- Tackling gun violence in the community;
- Improving the health and wellness of corrections staff;
- Responding to civil disturbances; and
- Leveraging the medical examiner’s office.
For more information, access the publication today.