With state budgets tight, it is increasingly important for court systems to look outside of traditional legislative appropriations for funding and resources. Without adequate funding, the administration of civil and criminal justice suffers, producing not only diminished outcomes for court involved individuals but increasing system costs for related justice partners. This webinar, Strengthening Court Systems: Understanding State and Federal Resources, will highlight multiple grant opportunities available through State Administering Agencies (SAAs) and various federal partners. In addition to discussing how court administrators can engage with and stay appraised of funding opportunities; this webinar will highlight some of the federally funded training and technical assistance opportunities offered to court systems. Attendees will also hear from court administrators about the process of applying for grant funds and showcase strategies for integrating court functions into criminal justice resource planning.
- Brooke Marshall - Executive Director, Montana Board of Crime Control
- Bradley D. Fowler -Planning and Organizational Development Officer, North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts
- Hon. Dina E. Fein - First Justice, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Michael Coelho - Assistant Secretary for Policy and Planning, Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety and Security
- Jonathan Faley - Associate Deputy Director, Bureau of Justice Assistance, U.S. Department of Justice