In this webinar, Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) leaders will review the fiscal year 2019 Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program grant application process. This site-based grant program provides awards ranging from $600,000 to $6,500,000 for a 36-month project period to deliver financial and technical assistance to states, units of local government, and Indian tribal governments to plan, develop, and implement comprehensive efforts to identify, respond to, treat, and support those impacted by the opioid epidemic.
There are three award categories:
- Category 1: Locally Driven Responses to the Opioid Epidemic—Funding amount: $600,000—$1,200,000;
- Category 2: Statewide Implementation, Enhancement, and Evaluation Projects—Funding amount: $3,000,000—$6,500,000; and
- Category 3: Harold Rogers Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Implementation and Enhancement Projects—Funding amount: Up to $2,000,000.
- Tara Kunkel, M.S.W., Senior Drug Policy Advisor, BJA; and
- Tim Jeffries, M.S.W., Senior Drug Policy Advisor, BJA.