In this webinar, Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) leaders will review the fiscal year 2019 Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Program (COAP) grant application process. This training and technical assistance (TTA) is designed to complement the COAP competitive site-based solicitation. The purpose of this program is to deliver TTA to state, local, and tribal criminal justice and substance abuse treatment agencies, prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs), and their partner agencies.
There are five award categories:
- Category 1: National COAP Law Enforcement/First Responder Partnership Training and Technical Assistance Initiative;
- Category 2: National COAP Jail-based Treatment and Community Corrections Training and Technical Assistance Program;
- Category 3: COAP National Training and Technical Assistance Center for Peer Recovery Support;
- Category 4: COAP State-based Training and Technical Assistance Program; and
- Category 5: Harold Rogers PDMP Training and Technical Assistance Program.
- Tara Kunkel, M.S.W., Senior Drug Policy Advisor, BJA; and
- Tim Jeffries, M.S.W., Senior Drug Policy Advisor, BJA.